Two things I learnt today

First: there are entire sites dedicated to street style and catwalk photography that analyse the sartorial fineries of looks which repel men.

Second: what I'd always considered to be nerd-chic glasses are known to others as birth control glasses.

Both things confuse me no end, particular the latter when you consider just how good such specs can look:

On the street in Soho…I like to shoot a full-on man repeller as much as the next red-blooded street style photographer…but you don’t always need to make a shout-y outfit statement to catch my eye. Sometimes all that’s needed is soft muted color, a great coat and scarf, a pretty face, and nerd glasses. (I’ve heard similar glasses referred to as “birth control glasses”…but all I can say is, not where I come from. Over here in Hipsterville – aka South Williamsburg – they’re more like an aphrodisiac.) xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

My cute blog (C). Powered by Blogger.

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Followers

Visitors

free counters

Pages

Clock

Blog Archive